Thursday, January 23, 2014

Welcome to my blog!

My name is, Rebekah Savage, and I am currently serving in the Oregon Eugene Mission. I have been given the great privilege of being able to write my thoughts, beliefs, and views via the internet.

This blog was inspired by an idiosyncrasy my dad has. He can be very focused and he seems to accomplish a lot during the day, but there is one thing that is kind of frustrating... it's his complete inability to get in the car and just go to one place. My dad gets in the car and he is everywhere! Instead of going to the most important destination, he always has several stops he needs to make along the way.

So imagine being a child and having your dad invite you to go to breakfast. You hurry and dress, race to the car... only to sit there for hours while your dad makes stop after stop, doing errand after errand. The dry-cleaners, the bank, the post office, the whole foods store for his favorite apples, then to the office supply store to pick up some things for work, then a stop to get his suitcase fixed, after that over to the hardware store to pick up some filters for the furnace. As children we almost starved waiting for dad to get all his errands done before taking us to eat!

Now to be fair, my dad has some good excuses for his diversions but we have learned never to go with dad. Dad will NEVER go to one place and then home- there will always be multiple stops along the way. So of you go with dad; pack your lunch, bring a good book and have your phone charged cause it's going to be a long trip!

I often wonder if we are kind of like my dad in our personal journey seeking the Savior. We start out with the Lord in mind but the many responsibilities and distractions of this world prevent us from staying focused on what's most important.

I decided to title my blog, "The Passenger Seat", because I feel as though we are all on this journey to the Savior together. In order for us to make it to him, we need to break away from worldly distractions and remind ourselves of what matters most. I hope my blog will do that for everyone and anyone who reads it.

Until next time,

Sister-Rebekah Savage




2 comments: